After the collapse of the Koenigsegg deal, the Chinese automaker’s president says Beijing Auto will “move fast” on Saab
A sale of assets, including production machinery, is among GM’s options, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. GM directors will review the future of Saab today after Koenigsegg Group last week withdrew a joint bid with Beijing Auto, the people said.
Beijing Auto plans to “move fast” on Saab to help improve its technology, President Wang Dazong said Nov. 30. GM spurned an offer from the Chinese carmaker for its Ruesselsheim (Germany)-based Opel unit earlier this year and the Detroit-based carmaker decided to close its Saturn brand when Penske Automotive Group (PAG) withdrew a bid for the unit in September.
Merbanco and Renco Group have also approached GM about Trollhaettan (Sweden)-based Saab, people familiar with the talks have said. The proposals received so far may not be strong enough to save the brand, the people said. GM had already developed a plan to shutter Saab if the sale fell through, people familiar with those plans said last week.
Zheng Gang, a spokesman for Beijing Auto, declined to comment. Johan Willems, a GM spokesman in Shanghai, said he was not aware of any developments.
- Raising Money Requires a Great Pitch: Here’s How
- How to close an angel round
- 7 WordPress Plugins You Ought to Know About
- 8 Websites You Need to Stop Building – The Oatmeal
- Watch Y Combinator’s Founder Discuss What It’s Like to Be at a StartUp
- Killing good ideas can harm your future (via coinnovative.com)
- 10 Things Learned From Launching a Company in a Recession
- Try to Top This Innovation — Students Bet on Their Grades
- SEO: Past Present and Future
- Billy Joel on Entrepreneurism? | Knowledgewebb.net
- Connect thru LinkedIn
- Example of How to Divide You Equity At Start-Up
- Free Project Management Software: Basecamp
- Get A Free Copy of "Mastering the Innovation Funnel – Helpful Tips for Developing New Products"
- Industry analysis: Porter's 5 Forces
- JOTT – best personal organizer I've come across
- Leadership Tips You Can Use: Carly Fiorina
- PEST Analysis: Understanding the Broader Environment
- Product Development and Management Association
- SERIOUS ABOUT NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT? VISIT MY WEBSITE
- Sun Tzu's Art of War (principles are relevant to innovation!)
- SWOT Analysis Tools